S2885

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Oct 26 14:30:00 CEST 2004

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> Eric,
>
> I find the device on amd8111 pci io allocation get werid. Please check 6:b.0
> and 6:c.0 io allocation. It comes from 0x0000, instead of 0x1000.

Agreed this is a bug.

Currently the code updates the limit on bridges if all of the devices
behind the bridge cannot use that limit.  In theory that works
great in practice however it barely works.

With I/O devices typically the problem is typically superio chips
with a limit of 0xfff.

> It works well before you add set_subsystem.

set_subsystem has been there since somewhere the start of the merge.
Although all of the methods for the amd8111 and amd8131 were not.

I suspect this has more to do with the updated pnp device code,
which now correctly computes the limit address.  And thus messes
up the computation logic for everything else.  At least if the resource
is not set statically.

If this is what I think it is, except for hard coding the superio resources
I don't see a quick fix in the works.

Eric