Makefile changes for symbols

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri Oct 22 11:53:59 CEST 2004

<Stephen.Kimball at bench.com> writes:

> Rod,
>
> I'm using Source Point 7.0.0.  I can see the source files.  I can
> display source, disassembly or mixed.  However, the disassembly doesn't
> match up with the source code.  There is a way to give Source Point an
> offset when the symbols are loaded, but I can't seem to get the right
> value.  I know the address of _start and __protected_start but these
> labels are not in linuxbios_c.o.  I need to find the location of a
> symbol in linuxbios_c.o to compute the offset.

???

linuxbios_c is run at an absolute location in memory so the address
of the symbols within it should be fine.

Look at readelf -a linuxbios_c.

Now these are not addresses within the rom chip.  The are the addresses
the code is copied to after memory initialization.

Currently romcc which generates the code that executes immediately
out of the rom chip does not give good debugging output.  But
you should still be able to see the assembly.  crt0.s should
match what you are looking at.

You don't have the debugger in 16bit mode or something do you?

Eric