about i845gv ddr sdram init

Don Elwell don at bowery.com
Fri Oct 22 11:14:00 CEST 2004

I burned a ton of time on this a while ago but got nowhere.  It would
seem that Intel provides only partial documentation for their chipsets
on their web site.  I discovered that there are hidden/undocumented
registers used in the DDR SDRAM setup (there are probably others).  I
also tried in vain to get a contact there but again came up empty
handed.  In the end, we ended up going with a different chipset
manufacturer.

Ron,  where did you get information for your 855 port in v2?  Is it
broken for the "hidden registers" reason?

-don