Freebios2 recovery progress...

Li-Ta Lo ollie at lanl.gov
Thu Oct 21 13:50:00 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 13:03, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Li-Ta Lo <ollie at lanl.gov> [041021 20:40]:
> > One interesting thing. In PCI Spec 2.2, section 6.2.4 it says that:
> >
> > 	Values in these registers must be loaded and valid prioir to the
> > 	system BIOS or any system software accessing the PCI
> > 	Coniguration Space.
>
> Haha.. who should set them then, if they are not set in hardware?

That is the blah, blah, blah part. It is:

	How these values are loaded is NOT SPECIFIED but could be done 	during
the manufactureing process or loaded form external logic
	(e.g., strapping options, serial ROMs, etc.)

> > BTW, why I can't download PCI spec form PCI-SIG anymore ? Even for
> > the 'useless' PCI conventional stuff.
>
> I assume they want $$

I jsut read that on LWN, the InfiniBand TA also closed their
used-to-be free downloadable specification.

Why those people hate us so much ?

Ollie