FYI: Merge in progress...

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Tue Oct 19 10:22:01 CEST 2004

Ronald G. Minnich wrote:

> Try the port for the digitallogic adl855pc or whatever it is. modulo
> Intel's unwillingness to tell us how the chips actually work I think the
> structure is close to right.
>
> The Arima HDAMA is still the gold standard, but it is really way more
> complex than a simple 440bx system. That's why I like the digitallogic
> port better as an example.

I've been going over the various ports trying to get a feel for whats
needed.  What I think I may do is take a stab at creating a generic
port.  Some fictious motherboard that has the minimum structure
necessary as a search and replace starting point.  Does that sound
useful?   If so what should I name it?

--
Richard A. Smith