FYI: Merge in progress...

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Oct 19 10:06:01 CEST 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Richard Smith wrote:

> I've been reading this new v2 stuff with some interest.   I may be able to
> finde time to move the 440bx stuff over into v2.  We've hired a big gun PCI
> guru to help find our problems that have been keeping me from getting video to
> work.

excellent!

> While he's working on that and I'm playing gopher boy, I may be able to
> scratch in some v2 conversion work.  What v2 boards have a working SPD
> implementation?

Try the port for the digitallogic adl855pc or whatever it is. modulo
Intel's unwillingness to tell us how the chips actually work I think the
structure is close to right.

The Arima HDAMA is still the gold standard, but it is really way more
complex than a simple 440bx system. That's why I like the digitallogic
port better as an example.

ron