FYI: Merge in progress...

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Mon Oct 18 20:05:01 CEST 2004

Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> Hmm. I suspect your configuration would look something like:
>

> chip northbridge/intel/440bx
>         device pci_domain 0 on

Ok so I guess I'll start asking questions.  "pci_domain"  this is the
top level I guess?  Where are all the different device types listed at?

The use of "on" this is on as in on/off and not "this item is on this item"

Is the order of the config file related to the order of the init
sequence the code generates?

>         device apic_cluster 0 on
>                 chip cpu/intel/slot_2
>                      device apic 0 on end
>                 end
>         end
> end

So after I fix up this example to match our board where would my board
specific code go?  Is there still a mainboard.c? I've got things that
disable the secondary IDE controller and a few other specials.

--
Richard A. Smith