Adding a PCI device that doesn't exist (yet)

tyson at irobot.com tyson at irobot.com
Wed Oct 6 12:34:00 CEST 2004

Hopping in mid-thread here so I may have the context wrong:

I have succeeded at programming the FPGA to create a PCI device after
the boot process.  I was then able to have the device driver add the
device to the pci device table and get resources allocated for it and
get it paired up with the alread loaded device driver.

I did not figure out how to de-allocate/de-register such that I could
cleanely re-program the FPGA without a re-boot.

Is this relevant?

Cheers!
Ty