get_pbus

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Nov 30 18:07:01 CET 2004

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> You mean to access extra reg space (4096 bytes) for PCI-E device?
>
> We don't need to touch that extra space ....in LinuxBIOS.

So far.  The question is how long will that last.
What firmware has to do especially with onboard hardware
never follows the rules for ordinary hardware.  Especially
when bug workarounds are involved.

> Under LinuxBIOS + kernel + IB driver, the IB adapter works well with S289x.
> need to create one entry in mptable for the device. Otherwise it can not get
> INT.
>
> Currently I can not make MSI work....Kernel 2.6.

I have not had a chance to play with that.  I saw something on the
openib list a while ago about MSI with a mellanox IB card not having a
complete firmware implementation or something like that.

Eric