boot linux from an ide

Greg Watson gwatson at lanl.gov
Thu Nov 25 09:15:00 CET 2004

If FILO is a payload in flash, then you need to set CONFIG_ROM_STREAM=1
and CONFIG_ROM_STREAM_START to the address you want to start looking
for the payload ELF header (usually just after the LinuxBIOS image).
CONFIG_IDE_STREAM is used to load a payload (such as FILO) from an
attached IDE device. This is useful if the flash is not large enough to
hold LinuxBIOS+payload, but is probably not what you are looking for.
Sorry for the confusion.

Greg