4G 4 Rank memory module

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Nov 24 02:27:00 CET 2004

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> It can treat 4G as 2G modules, if I comment out physical bank check. (!=2
> get out).

Ah so it is the explicit check for <= 2 Ranks that is the immediate problem :)

This case is peculiar enough I did not add support because I could not test it.

Does your board have 4 chip selects running to the dimm socket?
If not you cannot support 4 rank dimms.

What does your struct mem_controller look like?

One partial solution would be to simply repeat the spd address
twice in the channel structure, and comment out the maximum bank check.
Of course that would fail for non quad rank dimms.

So I am not quite certain what the complete solution is.  YhLu once you describe
how your dimm sockets are wired we can figure something out.

       static const struct mem_controller cpu[] = {
                {
                        .node_id = 0,
                        .f0 = PCI_DEV(0, 0x18, 0),
                        .f1 = PCI_DEV(0, 0x18, 1),
                        .f2 = PCI_DEV(0, 0x18, 2),
                        .f3 = PCI_DEV(0, 0x18, 3),
                        .channel0 = { (0xa<<3)|0, (0xa<<3)|2, 0, 0 },
                        .channel1 = { (0xa<<3)|1, (0xa<<3)|3, 0, 0 },
                },

Eric