pci_operations for amd8111_ac97.c

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Nov 16 13:29:01 CET 2004

Li-Ta Lo <ollie at lanl.gov> writes:

> Eric,
>
> The lpci_set_subsystem() in amd8111_ac97.c is exactly the same as the
> default pci_dev_set_subsystem(), why do you define it instead of using
> the default one?

Probably because I didn't realize it.  It seems like every device
has a different function.  It may also have been I was wondering
if it was worth exporting the default method.

The default is simply a good guess, that can't hurt if it's wrong.

> BTW, why can't the set_subsystem() method be set at runtime ?

All of the methods are set at runtime.  I just have the pci specific
methods is a sub-table.

Eric