[Freebios-cvs] freebios2/util/abuild abuild.sh,1.5,1.6

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri Nov 5 05:29:01 CET 2004

Stefan Reinauer <stepan at openbios.org> writes:

> Eric,
>
> I tried this before as well, but it does not work, at least with my
> util-linux 2.11z:
>
> ./abuild.sh -h
> LBROOT=-h
> ls: invalid option -- /
> Try `ls --help' for more information.
>
> Which is why I ended up doing the workaround I used.
>
> Do you know a fix that actually helps fixing your fix, or shall I revert
> your changes?

It turns out that getopt was adding the -- prefix.
In addition -- is not specified to terminate the list of options so
breaking out when an option is not recognized is necessary.

There are days I really think getopt is way more trouble than it is worth.

Anyway it should be fixed now, and there is basic support for cross compiling on powerpc.

On powerpc we currently have 3 ports.  I have been concentrating on the
embeddedplanet ep405pc.  I have been able to coax it all the way
through the configuration process but I'm not certain how many of the things
I have done are just hacks at the moment.

In any event one thing I have clearly found is that abuild.sh is specifying 2 options
that the ep405pc atleast does not implement.  USE_FALLBACK_IMAGE and ROM_IMAGE_SIZE.

It is looking increasingly like we probably want to start working with the
target directory.  Not having a USE_FALLBACK_IMAGE also appears to describe the qemu-i386
target as well which wants to build everything into just 64KiB.  Which is sane.

I will report back on what I learn about powerpc compilers when I get one that will
actually build the powerpc assembly code.  It appears mine currently do not support
all of the needed powerpc instructions :(

Eric