FILO fixups

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Nov 1 13:33:01 CET 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, YhLu wrote:

> 1. It can let boot from HD or net according to CMOS setting.

only useful if your ethernet is hooked up. 15/16 of our nodes here have no
ethernet.

> 2. Etherboot can produce zelf. We may got more space to put other stuff such
> as USB support...

not that important to us.

> 3. Etherboot structure and support...

not clear at the moment if this is a plus or minus. Seeing that it has
trouble building under certain tool chains, there still seem to be
problems with it.

> I may check if filo.zlef only include FILO ..., even it is not, we still can
> make it clean.

We still need to add my performance improvements.

ron