CVS server naming reset---webpages need to be reset

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Sat May 8 00:14:01 CEST 2004

Hello from Gregg C Levine
Apologies in advance for the wordiness of the message, but I wanted to
present everything that led up to the title of the mail message.

Everyone, who in this group manages the website's pages on the subject
of CVS? The Source Forge pages will need to be reset, as will be the
one on www.linuxbios.org .

Reason being that our good friends at Source Forge, made a few changes
in their BIND software, and well they said it best:
( 2004-05-03 05:41:25 - Project CVS Service ) As of 2004-04-28 the CVS
services will no longer function with the hostname of
cvs.PROJECTNAME.sourceforge.net. You should change your CVS commands
to use the host cvs.sourceforge.net (the fix for this under all
platforms is to perform a checkout into a new directory using the new
hostname) and that should resolve any outstanding issues that you may
have (this includes issues relating to the SSH host key change
warning, among others). This issue came about as a result of upgrading
from BIND 8 to BIND 9 which doesn't allow for a wildcard in the middle
of a hostname.

Obviously they should have e-mailed that blurb to all project leaders,
for all of the hosted projects, but, ah, they probably expected them
to read the status report page, as I did.

I discovered that, early on when I had problems downloading source
code for a totally different project. I gave up on it, when I realized
I didn't need them.

However regarding the recent discussion on USB flash drives, it
revived an interest of mine regarding same, I refreshed my memory
going over the relevant e-mail messages from the archive. I did have
to update my local storage, and that's why this whole business
surfaced. Anyway on that theme, and subject, more later when I try out
one of my ideas.

Anyway I did notice the rearrangement of the stored files, and such
like, and I appreciate the neat layout of same.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net