V1 2 superio chips of the same type

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Fri May 7 09:11:01 CEST 2004

Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> * ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [040507 03:32]:
>
>>bug. I screwed up.
>>
>>I'll try to see how to fix this. It will take me a bit but I think it is
>>easy, I did handle this in V2.
>
> Before getting into backporting a lot, Richard, can your motherboard be
> ported to V2?

Not without a lot of work.  I'm one of the few 440bx users and no mem
init code for this chipset has been written in V2 yet.  I need spd
detection.  I keep waiting for the epia to get this all working and then
I might look at porting forward.

I also currently use ADLO and LILO.  Eventually I'll move to FILO but
right now I have my hands, feet and head buried under tyring to get an
ATI M1 chip up without a bios.

ADLO is not strictly necessary.  I used it to run my Assiliaint 69000
video bios.  Dosen't work with ATI so once I have an ATI solution I
won't need ADLO.