Diskless Windows??

Oleg Goldshmidt pub at goldshmidt.org
Fri May 7 00:42:01 CEST 2004

ebiederman at lnxi.com (Eric W. Biederman) writes:

> It sounds like from the description there is no way to do windows diskless
> without emulating a disk.

I am not sure I understand what you mean. Isn't that what iSCSI is
about: everything above that thinks there is a local SCSI disk...

> I have serious issues with iSCSI because the only implementation I have
> seen was tremendously complex and nasty looking.  Which is a real downside
> when compared to something simple like nbd.

Well, I don't know what implementations you have seen. There are
undoubtedly some ugly ones. That's an implementation issue, though:
the basic idea looks quite clean to me. Not that there are no issues...

> How well does iBOOT work on the linux side.

Better ;-)

> If you have an iSCSI driver for Linux.

We do.

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | pub at NOSPAM.goldshmidt.org