EPIA-M startup times

M. Renee Hopkins firstone5 at hotmail.com
Thu May 6 16:42:00 CEST 2004

OK, I finally timed my ME-6000.  It takes about 20 seconds to get to the
init scripts.  Even though I have the framebuffer support compiled into
2.6.4, the kernel doesn't ever see the vesafb device.  Although the same
kernel sees it from award bios boot.

I'm using Linuxbios V1, cvs 050504, filo 4.1, 2.6.4 with patches.

Is it possible something isn't set right in filo or LB?  I have

option HAVE_FRAMEBUFFER=1 in linuxbios config.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks to all who contributed.

M.R.