S4882 support

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Wed Mar 24 12:20:01 CET 2004

* YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> [040324 18:43]:
> After check 84/a4/c4, 88/a8/c8 of function 1 of K8 northbridge, the link
> speed/width is not init properly.

Between which devices?

It seems that the current HT code (before my dynamic changes) is doing a
wrong assumption when optimizing the connections, that is only right on
the HDAMA. I fixed this a while ago, but it seems, this drowned in the
last big merge of 1.1.6.
The assumption is that CPU0 and CPU1 are interconnected using the same
link on both CPUs:
optimize_connection(NODE_HT(0), 0x80 + CONNECTION_0_1, NODE_HT(7), 0x80 + CONNECTION_0_1);
The second link specified in the function call has to be from CPU 1 to
0, not from 0 to 1 as the first link. This happens to not matter on
HDAMA, but basically on all other machines. My dynamic connections diff
should fix this (even though it is not optimizing link speed between the
other CPUs yet).

  Stefan

--
  Stefan Reinauer, SUSE LINUX AG