unreliably booting off a BCM5701.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Wed Mar 24 10:48:00 CET 2004

* Eric W. Biederman <ebiederman at lnxi.com> [040324 00:34]:
> Ok that is peculiar.  2.6.5rc1 has some patches to head.S which possibly
> accounts for it as soon as I have a moment I will check and see if
> that is what breaks it.  From the looks the changes to head.S should
> not break anything....

Ok. I'll try to investigate this later, but apparently these changes
seem to influence the situation.

> > No memtest yet, but filo and etherboot, and linux kernel 2.4 - When they
> > get loaded, they seem to work seamlessly...
>
> So the etherboot and filo issues were resolved?

They start fine. The issues I had are still there, though. I'll build a
memtest86 and do some testing...

> > 5.3.recent?
>
> 5.3.x is the development version, and there is some major development
> going on there to implement pxe support so I don't know what is
> going on.

Ok, I'll try going back. Can you recommend a certain version?

   Stefan

--
  Stefan Reinauer, SUSE LINUX AG
Head of Architecture Development