mkelfImage initrd help

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Mar 24 09:15:01 CET 2004

well your output is very puzzling. We do this all the time, although I
have not yet tried 2.4.25. I think the last time I did this was 2.4.22

It's almost as though something in the kernel is trashing the ramdisk when
it starts up.

But you say it did work from cdrom, which makes this even weirder.

I hope it is not some random DMA from ethernet landing sometime after
kernel starts, but it sounds too reproducible.

I think you're stuck with some more etherboot debugging. Do you have to
use net boot?

ron