"up", "down"

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Mon Mar 22 12:13:00 CET 2004

* ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [040322 18:30]:
> > It refers to the Hypertransport Links, Down (LDT0), Across (LDT1), UP
> > (LDT2).
>
> I think I picked these names, and if I did I will take the blame: they are
> hard to remember.

These names are also spread across several pieces of AMD64 and
Hypertransport documentation, since it illustrates hypertransport
graphs of different wiring quite nice. Still, it's unclear from a
technical point of view.

> Should we bite the bullet and change the names? ldt0, ldt1, ldt2?

Should not be too hard, since we are not really using them heavily. I
still have some defines used in coherent_ht.c which should go away
and replaced by something more sophisticated.

  Stefan

--
  Stefan Reinauer, SUSE LINUX AG
Head of Architecture Development