Geode gx2

Christer Weinigel christer at weinigel.se
Sun Mar 21 13:37:01 CET 2004

"Ina Miranda" <celina.miranda at eazix.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I’d just like to ask if LinuxBIOS is compatible with Geode GX2 chipset.

As far as I know there is no LinuxBIOS port to the GX2.  I did browse
the preliminary GX2 data sheets last winter and it seems that enough
documentation is publically available to do a LinuxBIOS port to the
processor.  There are major changes between the GX1 and GX2 though, so
it would be a completely new port of LinuxBIOS, I don't think there's
much of the GX1 port that can be reused.

  /Christer (mostly hacking RedBoot on PPC and Cris right now)

Freelance consultant specializing in device driver programming for Linux
Christer Weinigel <christer at weinigel.se>  http://www.weinigel.se