code flow

Frank frannk_m1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 17:37:00 CET 2004

Is there a document that describes the code flow for freebios.
Specifically, I'm trying to figure out the booting process. I've
configured and compiled the code for the sis550 but I don't see
how the LPC is being configured. The only way I can get the
ipl.S to be assembled is to define the docipl  rule in the
config file. I need to use the LPC bridge for a custom board I
will eventually be porting freebios to but I still want to be
able to boot from the standard flash device. The way the
existing  code works is the only way you can compile in the ipl
stuff is to define docipl. I will also need to access the LPC
bridge to do I2C when reading the spd on the sodimm module. Can
anyone suggest how i can include the ipl stuff without the
docipl stuff. Another eason I don't want to use the docipl stuff
is because the python scripts changes the rom base address to
0x80000. I want the rom base address to be 0xf0000.
Any help will greatly appreciated...