ASUS P2B-DS and MD2202-D32

linuxbios at huebner.it linuxbios at huebner.it
Wed Mar 17 14:54:01 CET 2004

Hi all,

want to use an ASUS P2B-DS dual P-III mainboard with a MD2202-D32 DoC
device for LinuxBIOS. In the moment I test it with a 2.6.4 kernel.
This board uses a 440bx chip set.
I hot swapped the BIOS Flash chip and the DoC while the board was powered
on and Linux was running.
When I modprobe nftl and docprobe I get the following messages in
/var/log/messages:

kernel: NFTL driver: nftlcore.c $Revision: 1.94 $, nftlmount.c
$Revision: 1.34 $
kernel: Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffc8000
kernel: Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffca000

[...]

kernel: Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffec000
kernel: Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffee000
kernel: No recognized DiskOnChip devices found

No my question now is how to initialize the 440bx to get the DoC
recognized.

Thank you in advance,
Andreas