S2885 failing on 1.1.6

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri Mar 12 13:27:35 CET 2004

Li-Ta Lo <ollie at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 11:02, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> > Li-Ta Lo <ollie at lanl.gov> writes:

> > > Bad news, it stops right after ht_reset, just like
> > > yeaterday :-(.
> >
> > Can we get a serial console log so we can see the details?
> >

> There is no much log to show, it is just three lines. I can make it up
> with my head.
>
> LinuxBIOS 1.1.6 something starting .....
> 0002 CPU inited
> ht reset _

On something like:
LinuxBIOS-1.1.5.8pre1Normal Thu Mar 11 03:54:23 MST 2004 starting...
setting up resource map....done.
00000002 nodes initialized.
ht reset -

> Then dead.

I suspect it has to do with the different hypertransport
layout between that board and the s2880 and the hdama.  Either the
reset code is punching the wrong register, or we are messing with the
wrong hypertransport bus.

Why you flashed the entire chip is something I don't want to
contemplate, instead of leaving fallback alone is something I don't
want to contemplate :)

Eric