OEM looking at LinuxBIOS

Anthony Winner awinner at walkabout-comp.com
Tue Mar 9 13:37:00 CET 2004

Hello all,

I work for a OEM and I'm playing with the idea of using linuxBIOS, I have
all of the technical info for the machine short of the actual source code to
the Phoenix BIOS we use now as it was done by a contractor before I joined
the company.

Are there any pointers for a 'from scratch', implementation?

Should I start with the old code or start fresh from the new freebios2 tree?

For reference, the machine is a Intel PIII with a 82830 Northbridge, a
82801ca Southbridge, TI pci1450 card bus controller, and a pair of SMC SIO
chips....

Anthony Winner
WalkAbout Computers
awinner at walkabout-comp.com