Prefmem of bus 3

Yinghai Lu yhlu at tyan.com
Thu Mar 4 22:55:00 CET 2004

Ron,

I have verified the myerinet card with s2882 in LinuxBIOS. It works well.

Eric,

I wonder if round function in pci_device.c cause the bus prefmem region
calculation problem.

Also according to suggestion from quadrics and amd, it seems that BIOS and
kernel need to be patched to allow the prefmem region ( after mmio_basek) to
be put the mtrr as write-back to get the better perfmormance. i.e. 2.5us->1.
8us 0-byte ping pong. So may need to change the write_linuxbios_table and
update the struct mem_reagion.

I have attached the boot log with QM card.
Also found the display mmio region of 0:18:1 is shown ad 0:18.0, but the
real reg content is right. But the prefmem region register of 1:2:0 is not
the same as 0xe0000000 to 0xffffffff, and it (0x24) is "01 e0 f1 ff"

Can some one send me the boot log of quadrics on other K8 board?

Regards

YH.