qemu target

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Jun 29 21:24:01 CEST 2004

Stefan Reinauer <stepan at openbios.org> writes:

> Hi LinuxBIOS hackers,
>
> I checked in a new target: emulation/qemu-i386

> Now, LinuxBIOS starts and executes all the romcc generated code in
> auto.c. But after that output suddenly stops. All of the resource
> allocation seems completely skipped. The first thing I get after this
> is when the payload has taken over. What can I do to get the output of
> the gcc compiled code again?

Try commenting out console_init();  It looks like something
bad is going on there.    The post codes seem to be working so
you can likely use those to narrow down what is going wrong.

> In the beginning it did show these messages, but I was unable to
> reproduce this behaviour, unfortunately.
>
> I would guess it is not really skipped, since otherwise the payload is
> not executed. Attached see a log of the serial console and a log of port
> 80 activity.
>
> Can anyone point me into how to debug this? I am a bit confused. Am I
> using crappy compilers again?

Possibly it is an emulator bug.  But seriously dig into console_init()
using port 0x80 or just by commenting/uncommenting pieces until you
know what breaks.

Eric