FYI: I am rewriting cpu initialization....

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Jun 24 04:05:01 CEST 2004

Since the freebios2 tree was started we have not revisited
the cpu initialization code.  And now that it seems there
are little tweaks needed for every cpu rev, I am starting
that process.

So far I have just barely made a dent but I do have
code that will accurately identify the cpu, and look
up it's initialization routine.  A goal is to allow
building firmware that can support multiple vendors cpu in the same
sockets, as is common in the socket 7 category.

I'm not quite certain where I am going to wind up but I don't
expect I will have anything in the public tree before next
week.

If anyone has some thoughts they want to share while I am reworking
cpu initialization feel free to speak up.

Eric