=?gb2312?b?tPC4tA==?=: [PROPOSAL] extended payload handling

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Jun 16 15:20:00 CEST 2004

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> Did you ever translate the E7501 into C?

No.  But as a first pass you should still be able to skip that
step in V2.  Romcc generates assembly as an intermediate step.

Since the point primarily is not a good E7501 port but to get
skeleton code for other Intel based ports.  I don't think it
will matter.

Of course maintenance will be a major pain if the code is not
translated into C.

Oh, BTW. One of the things I forgot and was one of the
motivators of my last romcc release is that I can now pass parameters
in and out of romcc compiled code.  So I should be able to clean
up the handling of BIST checking on the Opteron port.  Currently
it is an ugly hack in assembly so I don't know if I have pushed
that to the public tree or not.

Eric