[PROPOSAL] extended payload handling

Frank frannk_m1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 13:51:00 CEST 2004

Someone mentioned ROMCC when I first started to inquire about
V2. But it wasn't in the source tree for V2 and I had to not
only go searching for it I had to figure out how to use it.:-(
That is another selling point for u-boot. When I download the
toolchain (ELDK3) I get everything in one place. From what I
know about ROMCC, it looks like the answer to the "stack in
cache" trick.
I am not trying to flame or put down LB. I'm just trying to
point out it's shortcomings. I was only trying to provide some
constructive criticism. In about 6 months we will revisit V2 and
try to see if we can use it for our cost reduced version of the
existing product. Hopefully I won't be pressed for time as I am
now and will be able to contribute something.:-)