Difference between Linxubios native's Elfboot and Linuxbios native's Filo

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri Jun 4 10:26:01 CEST 2004

ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> well, I am afraid I do not.
>
> No one has contacted any of the other core maintainers of linuxbios and
> vetted this suggestion of scheduling components for deletion. This
> suggestion of deleting the embedded filo came out of left field, at least
> to me. Major changes on this level need discussion!

Exactly. No ever even discussed including it.  No one ever discussed
changing our long standing compromise.  When I heard about it clear
it was on the edge of a line I would not cross.  And now that I have
actually had a chance to look I see that it is over that line.

Now there are some real issues that need to be solved to make it simpler
for users and sometime when I am not so mad I can barely talk.  I will do
something.

Eric