romcc questions

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Jun 3 03:00:00 CEST 2004

"John Usher (Maptek)" <John.Usher at perth.maptek.com.au> writes:

> Hi, I'm trying to get freebios2 going on a VT8606/VT82C686B board with a
> 533MHz VIA C3 processor.
>
> When trying to compile romcc, it gets to simple_test26 but reports it is
> out of registers.
>
> Can someone give me some indication of what is going on here?

simple_test26 is one of the regression tests.  In particular it
is a register pressure test and it only works when romcc has been
given the options to enable all of the registers.  You can use make -k
to get through all of the regression tests if you want.

You should not need to build romcc independently of LinuxBIOS right
now.  The normal build process should ensure it is build before you
need it.

Eric