A quick question...

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Tue Jul 20 14:24:01 CEST 2004

Mike McWhorter wrote:
> I checked the LinuxBIOS status page to see if my motherboard is
> supported, but I found it to be a little confusing.  I'm using an older
> Dell Optiplex and (based on the lspci output) I believe it uses the
> Intel 440BX chipset.   Does anyone know if this board is supported?

Wow.  You are the 3rd person in 2 days to ask about 440bx.  A year of
nothing and then pow. Things come in 3's I guess.

Yes. 440bx is supported.  Currently AGP may or may not work.  The
default routing of Legacy VGA stuff is controlled by a strap setting on
the Nortbridge so its just possible that if the strap setting is right
that AGP might be up enough for the emulator to bring up a card.

Our board does not have AGP so I don't know if its setup right (if at all)

Start with mainboard/bitworks/ims and go from there.

Also see my next post on possible memory issues.