AGP 3.0 bus analyzer

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Sat Jan 31 12:07:01 CET 2004

ron minnich wrote:

> As I read the manual for these two products it looks like I need to buy an
> external logic analyzer. Anybody seen a standalone card similar to the
> vmetro PCI analyzer?

I'd be surprised if someone makes a standalone card. There's just not a
large enough market for it. There are only a few graphics companies vs.
several that work with expansion buses like PCI.

Look at renting since you're probably not going to need the AGP 3.0
analyzer long term.

http://www.twinhunter.com/Products/AGP/AGP%20Extender.html

and similar cards can be used along with a logic analyzer to look at bus
activity since you're just interested in finding out if you're getting
activity on the bus.

-Bari