Interesting HOWTO

Steven James pyro at linuxlabs.com
Thu Jan 29 21:27:01 CET 2004

Greetings,

I suppose I really should write up a howto for that.

So far, It has been tested on a few i7501 boards (Supermicro x5dpr, Intel
Clearwater, Tyan Tiger-7501).

The drive was a TrekStore Thumbdrive. It's SCSI over bulk transfer.

Also worked connected through the hub in an iMac keyboard.

To test it, in brief,

Go to baremetal/lib
make
cd ../usb
make

This will produce an ELF image suitable for LinuxBIOS (or bootselect).

The usb loader will attempt to load a kernel from the first partition on
the drive that has the boot flag set. The image should be written to the
raw partition (using dd or similar).

G'day,
sjames

-------------------------steven james, director of research, linux labs
... ........ ..... ....                    230 peachtree st nw ste 2701
the original linux labs                             atlanta.ga.us 30303
      -since 1995                              http://www.linuxlabs.com
                                   office 404.577.7747 fax 404.577.7743