IRQ-Tables once again

Li-Ta Lo ollie at lanl.gov
Thu Jan 22 11:12:01 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 04:06, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [040121 07:35]:
> > > If we provide tables at all, can we maybe drop the irq table and only
> > > use the mptable?
> >
> > no, sadly the kernel needs an irq table for pci bus scanning.
>
> good. things seem to work now. Except that the secondary bus of the
> 8151 gets set to 0, where it seems that in our case this should be 2
> (the AGP device is visible on bus 2) Don't think this matters though
>
>   Stefan

Did you just dump the IRQ table from normal BIOS and put it in
LinuxBIOS ?

That is the same problem we found here. The normal BIOS tries to make
the secondary bus of 8151 as bus 0. It also tries to hide the bridge
from IRQ and/or MP table.

The way we are configuring the PCI system is too different from
what normal BIOS does on K8 systems. We can't just dump the table
from BIOS and expect it to work anymore.

Ollie