vgabios use howto.

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Jan 12 15:10:00 CET 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Richard Smith wrote:

> I (and my customer) want to see the screen light up at boot so I guess I
> need the direct vgabios support.

well, maybe. I am also working to move the emulator to become a linuxbios
component. For many reasons, this is much safer than just running the BIOS
directly.

But you do what that screen on boot so we will start pushing that harder.

I could use your help on this, since we do get some problems with some
cards.

>Will it be of use to boot
> the board up headless and run the emulator to see what happens?

That would be the right way to start.

I think in the long term the emulator is the way to go, and possibly in
the short term too.

ron