Source code control

atila at unizar.es atila at unizar.es
Tue Jan 6 08:17:01 CET 2004

Nobody talked about subversion in this thread, and I'm not sure why...

I haven't used it, only considered it for future projects after reading the
docs. But the concept was to make a cvs replacement, with its advantages and
without its hassles/disadvantages. Last time I checked, the apache project was
seriously considering moving to subversion, so it can't be that bad. Oh, and the
license is Apache/BSD, just for comparison with the bk/arch crossfire... ;-)

I also found a brief comparison of version control systems, for the
decisionmakers:

http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html

Fernando