Source code control

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Jan 6 07:16:01 CET 2004

Adam Megacz <adam at megacz.com> writes:

> ebiederman at lnxi.com (Eric W. Biederman) writes:
> > As for features at least as of tla 1.1 I do not believe this to
> > be the case.  Feel free to prove me wrong.
>
> Which features do you find present in tla that you do not see in darcs?

- Written in C, so it is more hackable, and it has more hackers.
- The ability to sign repositories (admittedly still beta but the subject
  did not even come up on the darcs list).

There are a bunch of other places that are pluses and minuses but...

I guess the really big difference between darcs and arch are global
identifiers.  arch has them darcs doesn't.  This simplifies darcs
quite a bit, but my gut feel is that some of the more interesting
solutions involve global identifiers.

Eric