IP get via Etherboot and IP get dhcpcd

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Wed Feb 25 20:03:01 CET 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 05:10:44PM -0800, YhLu wrote:
> Eric,
>
> I put the the dhcpcd in the initrd. After boot system with LinuxBIOS +
> Etherboot + elf ( with the initrd). I found the IP got by Etherboot and
> dhcpcd is different.
>
> I may only used fixed option in dhcpd.conf to make it get the same addr?

One explanation would be that Etherboot uses BOOTP while dhcpcd uses DHCP.
Try making Etherboot speak DHCP as well.

Otherwise maybe you can set up a fake dhcpcd-eth*.info file with the IP,
but I doubt dhcpd will approve the request for that same address unless
you use a really short lease time.

//Peter