RFC: linuxbios table fix

Greg Watson gwatson at lanl.gov
Fri Dec 10 04:37:01 CET 2004

On Dec 9, 2004, at 10:49 PM, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>>
>>> I am still worried about ppc, and big endian architectures in
>>> general.
>>> But I don't think we currently have any users there.
>>
>> we do. I think I'd like to hear Greg Watson's take on this as he is
>> working with the PPC 970 guys and this will impact him.
>
> Ron we have users of the LinxuBIOS table on PPC?  It was my impression
> that we
> did not.
>
> I would be happy to hear what Greg has to say.  If nothing uses this
> entry
> I will be happy to change this.    Otherwise we need to know what the
> test
> program below reports on ppc.

Nothing uses this currently, but I will be providing support to pass
the entire device tree to a payload in the near future. Whether this
will be using linuxbios tables, s-expressions or XML depends on the
results of the current discussion.

On ppc32, gcc-3.2.2 I get a size of 24. I'll try ppc64 later today.

Greg