RFC: linuxbios table fix

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Dec 9 19:32:01 CET 2004

"Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>
> > I am still worried about ppc, and big endian architectures in general.
> > But I don't think we currently have any users there.
>
> we do. I think I'd like to hear Greg Watson's take on this as he is
> working with the PPC 970 guys and this will impact him.

Ron we have users of the LinxuBIOS table on PPC?  It was my impression that we
did not.

I would be happy to hear what Greg has to say.  If nothing uses this entry
I will be happy to change this.    Otherwise we need to know what the test
program below reports on ppc.

If I can modify the definition to an equivalent one without breaking anything
that is my intention.  We have just enough users on x86 that anything else
involves pain.

cat > test.c << EOF
#include <stdint.h>
#include <stdio.h>
struct lb_memory_range {
	uint64_t start;
	uint64_t size;
	uint32_t type;
};

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
	printf("sizeof(lb_memory_range): %d\n", sizeof(struct lb_memory_range));
	return 0;
}
EOF

gcc -o ./test ./test.c