Panasonic CF-25LJM8EAM Toughbook - what are the chances?

Miernik miernik at ctnet.pl
Sat Aug 21 04:03:01 CEST 2004

Bari Ari <bari at onelabs.com> wrote:

> http://documentation.renesas.com/eng/products/mpumcu/e3886g.pdf

Renesas ? So it's the one that you said you can get all nessesary
documentation out of?

So we have a winner! A laptop with an Intel chipset and Renesas
controller.

I remember you said you want to choose a rather new notebook.

We'd have to check what Panasonic CF-18, CF-28 and CF-29 use, as these
are the newest rugged Toughbooks, and might be a great choice if they
still use Renesas controllers.

Here I have a list of all toughbook models I could spot:

http://www.miernik.ctnet.pl/linuxbios/toughbook.info

Althrough I cannot afford anything newer than CF-27 out of that list,
so I would have to wait several years to use your LinuxBIOS.

> Off topic - the Toughbooks had great cases. I recall someone testing one
> a few years ago by shooting it at a basketball hoop and it landing on
> concrete and it still ran fine.

I bought it because I damage most standard notebooks quickly, and
cellphones too. I use Nokia 6250 rugged cellphone, after about 7 other
cellphones didn't live more than several months in my hands.

    Miernik         ________________________   xmpp:miernik at amessage.info
___________________/__ tel: +48888299997 __/      mailto:miernik at ctnet.pl
http://www.miernik.ctnet.pl/                               GPG:0xABC292D1