LinuxBIOS Video?

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Fri Apr 30 09:34:01 CEST 2004

aphthong at sizzard.com wrote:

> So has anyone gotten an ATI video card to work without the emulation BIOS?

I'm working on an Rage Mobility M1 right now.  Yesterday I finshed
porting some old GX DOS init code from thier developemnet site over to
linux and I'm just about to start messing with figureing out the
register differences between a GX and an M1.  Although they are both
Mach64 based the M1 seems to have different address for things.

This dosen't really help most people though as the Mobility M1 only
found in laptops, embedded setups, or custom boards like ours.  You
won't find a general purpose video card with an M1 on it and I don't
know of any non-laptop moterboards with one.