答复: Etherboot 5.2.4 + btext console + filo patch

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Apr 27 13:45:01 CEST 2004

On 27 Apr 2004, Peter Lister wrote:

> My suggestion is to consider managing FILO as part of the Etherboot tree
> - Etherboot already has an IDE disk driver, which predates FILO, IIRC.
> The two projects are obvious complements. Also, I'd bet that an
> integrated set of net / disk / flash device services would play much
> better for integration with other projects like grub2.

There is enough appeal to the simplicity of FILO that we're not as
interested (here anyway) in the etherboot integration. FILO is a small
simple loader that does what it does well; Etherboot is a whole lot more
complex. That does not mean I think merging it in is bad, but I also would
like to see it maintain its seperate existence.

ron