Why devices ARE or NOT on bus 0 ?

Li-Ta Lo ollie at lanl.gov
Mon Apr 26 15:53:00 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 11:58, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Li-Ta Lo <ollie at lanl.gov> writes:
>
> > > You might need to specify the bridges/busses in Config.lb.
> > > I know the current code works and can handle this.

> > > Without something like a serial console trace so that the details
> > > of what are going on are clear I don't know.
> > >

> > Please see that attached log. As you ca see the HyperTransport scan
> > is not actually done in northbridge.c:amdk8_scan_chain(). It only
> > prints the message before and after the for loop but skip the loop.
>
> Please reread my hunch below.  It looks like I nailed it on the head.
> The fact that the first pci_scan_bus shows devices below 0x18 is
> confirmation of this.
>
> mainboard_operations needs to specify amdk8_scan_root_bus.

What exactly are you talking about ? It is amdk8_scan_root_bus
in ibm/e325/mainboard.c.

static struct device_operations mainboard_operations = {
	.read_resources   = root_dev_read_resources,
	.set_resources    = root_dev_set_resources,
	.enable_resources = enable_childrens_resources,
	.init             = mainboard_init,
	.scan_bus         = amdk8_scan_root_bus,
	.enable           = 0,
};

Ollie