ATI rage xl.init

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Mon Apr 26 03:55:01 CEST 2004

* ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [040426 02:09]:
> because it is a bad idea to do this. The  Linux driver should do this, not
> LinuxBIOS. We have always resisted this because it can cause real trouble
> if the device decides to do an I/O.

Then doing this for a small set of devices where it is tested and
doesn't hurt seems ok, until there's a set of kernel fixes available.

The way LinuxBIOS handles pci "initialization drivers" seems like the
cleanest solution. It's still kind of a workaround, but at least it is
not hacked somewhere into the code, but added in as a module

Stefan