epia-m 1/2 baud rate fix

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Apr 16 09:04:00 CEST 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Dave Ashley wrote:

> One thing I noticed in Dmitri's patch is it seemed to cut out all my
> code to initialize the VT1211's hardware monitor (used for temperature +
> voltage monitoring). Other stuff seemed to be hacked and slashed out that
> I found necessary, but didn't appear to be replaced elsewhere.

don't worry. I did not apply the patch Dmitri sent. I just used it as a
guide to the actual changes I made. All your stuff is still in there.
Check the CVS and you should see your stuff intact. I really need that
serial port patch though.

> So if it's this far along, it would be nice to get the SPD auto detection
> working. Maybe the path to that is integrate all these V1 changes into V2
> and do it in V2.

That's the next step. Once you bless this V1 port, I start the V2 port.
That will become the port of choice for EPIA-M.

I'll need some help with that one ... this is a time-available thing for
me right now, but I'm giving it all the time I can.

ron